maandag 5 april 2021

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog #205

Our latest challenge went live over at the Creative Fingers Challenge Blog.
The theme of our challenges will always be  Anything Goes, can't make it any easier.
This means there's absolutely no excuse to not join in.


On February 1st I started working as a detachee.
My first project would be for a timeframe of only 2 months.
I had to work at "small living" (think that's what you call it in English) facilities.
Totally enjoyed my time there and with Easter on it's way, I figured it would be nice to do something with some of the residents that wouldn't look too childish & wouldn't be too difficult to make.

So this is what I came up with.
I used a file that I cut using my Cricut Air 2.

On this card, I used watercolor paper for the background.
The layers are cut out of cheap cardstock/design paper that I bought from a shop here in the Netherlands.
For the white layers I used the back of the cheap Christmas paper pad.
I didn't bother to place foam tape between the layers, as I figured that would make it too difficult for my residents and as the paper/cardstock that I used is about 250gsm, I didn't feel I needed to.

Because I wanted a bit of variate, I choose 2 files to use.
I made the backgrounds myself, unlike the card above where I use watercolor paper, I decided to use correspondence card.
I wanted to use distress & oxide inks, so I first placed a bit of DIY watercolor grounding on the cards, dried them with the heat tool & tried matching the background with the colors of my cuts.

The results are just adorable and I'm not sure who had more fun, them or me ;)



Thank you for watching
xoxo
Angelique

***
CHALLENGES
#463 - The Paper Shelter
#4 - Avenue Create
#4 - Corrosive
#4 - We Love to Create
#7 - Gem of a Challenge
#617/8 - Allsorts
#Week 1 April - Catch the Bug
#April - Crafty Calendar
#454 - My Time To Craft
#14 - Polkadoodles

14 opmerkingen:

  1. This is wonderful, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. So cute. Thanks for sharing over at Catch the bug.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. A real fun and inky creation, many thanks for joining in with our AG/Mono theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. A fabulous image for our theme this week, love the card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wonderful fun cards..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Great cards and love the inky backgrounds.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and hope you will join us again
    Carol DT x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Lovely design here and fantastic colours and image. Many thanks for your entry at Polkadoodles Challenge this time, very impressive make. Look forward to see you enter our next challenge if you can.
    aNNie DT Member
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Really gorgeous cards and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Very creative project... Thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week, Nelly dt x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Love it! Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Such a creative project!
    Thanks for linking up at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge - Week 14.
    Ana

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Gorgeous technique!
    Thank you for joining Catch the Bug!
    Hugs from Africa!
    Olga

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. That is an awesome bunny die! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug Challenges. Julie, Bugaboo Stamps Design Team

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen